Losing Weight Does Not Have to Be So Hard


Losing weight at any age is not easy even though some of the so-called experts tell us it is. You have to want to lose weight before you even begin, so building up your mindset should be the first thing. If you can change the way you think, then you can tackle any challenge put to you.
I've told myself many times, "today is the day I go on a diet". Sound familiar? The problem is that I don't really believe in myself that I'm going on a diet. It's okay to say these things but actually taking action is the hard part. Wayne Dyer, a self-help guru once said, "I'll see it when I believe it". In other words, when I really believe in something, the results will be revealed.
I don't know about you but I really love food! If I didn't love it so much I'd never have a problem. A lot of weight gain can be attributed to the size of the helpings we eat and also combining different foods which are not compatible. Some foods will add fat to your body and then there are others which will speed up your metabolism and burn fat.
The problem with most Western cultures is that we generally have three meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. In most households dinner is the main meal of the day and we go to bed on a full stomach. This does not help with weight loss.

I have read extensively that we should eat at least five small meals a day so that our metabolism is sped up and fat burning is continuous. Don't eat just vegetables and fruit because our bodies still need carbohydrates and proteins to keep us healthy. Eating smaller proportions five times a day will not only stop you from feeling hungry, but it will also help you losing weight.
Another important part of losing weight is exercise. If you're like me, I don't like gyms. Never have. I'd rather do something on my own. Going for a 30 minute walk a day will get your heart pumping and help you lose weight. If you're too embarrassed to walk around the streets, then try something different.
I heard a story some years ago about a woman who was morbidly obese and knew she had to lose weight for her health. She started on her quest by walking around her clothesline in the back yard every day, starting off with a few minutes and gradually increasing it as she got stronger. By sticking with this regime she lost quite a lot of weight, and in doing so showed that you can lose weight anywhere, even in your own back yard!
I believe that weight loss like everything else in your life, should be a gradual thing. If you go on a fad diet which loses a lot of weight in a short amount of time, you're less likely to stick with it. Change your eating habits and get some exercise and you will lose weight.
Sometimes we need a helping hand to deal with the struggles of daily life, whether it's dealing with our weight, a relationship isn't working out or we just need a boost to our self-esteem. This is where All About Self Confidence can help you with tips and advice to put you on the path to success! My website focus is on getting you to where you want to be both physically and mentally.