How to Lose Weight Fast and Enjoy Life


We would love to know how to lose weight fast, wouldn't we? And we all appreciate that we have been told to eat sensibly and do a little more exercise. Now, we would all be slim and perfectly happy if that was all there was to it, wouldn't we? Let's face it, we are looking for something more than simply being to eat less and run around the park for an hour every day! Let's get real, OK?

lost weight over twenty years and I've kept it off. I didn't do it by following any fad diet or hyped up scheme. Let me give you some of my tips for getting that weight off and keeping it off. Oh, and let's keep you happy and enjoying your food too! Here are a few things that you can do to get losing weight fast.

Following these top tips will help you get that weight off, keep it off and feel good about yourself. Read on because I have an essential tip to help you to achieve fast weight loss included below.


1. Stop starving yourself.

People eat a very light lunch, for instance, and they end up feeling so hungry that they dive in for a fatty treat a couple of hours later. A good example is the office worker who buys a healthy salad for lunch because he or she has promised themselves that they can eat a light lunch and get through the day. The trouble is that by 3pm they are absolutely starving and head straight for the snack bars or chocolate. Disaster! Eat enough to fill you up a little at each meal.

My favorite way of doing this is to eat some fruit before my lunch, then again afterwards. I can then eat something fairly healthy, like a chicken and salad sandwich, and I feel just enough full to not get starving hungry a couple of hours later. In fact, I normally eat three pieces of fruit with my lunch. I find that apples, pears and bananas are really good at filling me up. I have also found that munching on some celery or carrot is a great way to fill up, too. All of this fruit and veg mean that I eat only two slices of bread rather than four. And that makes a huge difference to my calorie and fat intake. Try it. It works!

2. It's good to eat between meals

Remember your parents saying that you must not eat between meals because it will ruin your appetite? Well, there were right! It's a great idea to ruin your appetite by eating between meals because you will feel less temptation to over eat at meal times.

The trick, though, is to eat the right sort of snacks. Avoid chocolate bars, crisps, and even those "healthy" cereal bars. There are too many calories, fat and sugar in them. You should snack on fruit (yes, more of the stuff!), vegetables like celery, carrots, dried fruit, unsalted rice cakes, Ice cubes made from fruit juice, oatcakes, Unsalted or unsweetened popcorn or frozen lower fat yoghurt, for example. You can even put a piece of fruit in some lower fat yoghurt, if you wish. Apart from the fact that you will be avoiding building up a big hunger that you will want to satisfy, snacking on healthy foods maintains a regular blood glucose level and also keeps your metabolism elevated a little. Good news all around!

3. Begin to develop an exercise pattern - but keeping it simple is best!

Do you want to know a secret? My first effort at ding exercise involved me doing no more than going for a walk around the block! And I'm talking only a very small block that took me about ten minutes to complete at a very easy pace!

My point is that you should commence an easy and "doable" exercise programme. Forget about pounding the streets at 6am for a five-mile run or going to the gym for a blistering 60 minute workout. Just do something active that you like.

One thing I have often done is to pop my favorite tunes onto my MP3 player and go for a walk just before I eat lunch. I normally eat a banana about half an hour beforehand so that I can resist the temptation to eat my lunch first. Then I just go for a nice stroll and listen to some music for hour an hour or so. This give me a refreshing change of environment and I get to listen to music which I something I struggle to do otherwise.

I have found that doing this just three times a week or so have made a dramatic difference to my health and well-being. I really feel a lot better when I've done it a few times during the course of a couple of weeks.

My other favourite exercises have been cycling and swimming. I built up to these over a period so do not feel pressured to do anything too dramatic too quickly. Just build up to whatever you want as and when you wish.

However, those little walks will help you to burn calories and lose more weight more quickly. So, go do it!

5. Set yourself a goal

Yes, I know that you have heard it before but it is well worth having a goal of some sort in mind. It can help to get you through those times when temptation is near. The normal goals that people talks about are getting slimmer in time for your wedding, someone else's wedding, a birthday, or in time for Christmas or a holiday. And those are all fine and worthy of consideration.

But there are other goals, too.

Here are some that I have in mind when I want to motivate myself to eat properly:

* I want to feel healthier because I always feel happier that way and I enjoy life a lot better.
* I would to be healthier so that I can live longer and enjoy life for many more years.
* My children need me so I need to be healthy so I can spend time with them and be around them for a long time to come.
* I want to be slim and avoid health problems like some of my family experienced.

Can you see the difference? I have added to the normal time deadline goal idea by having on going goals. Now, the downside to these are that there is no definite date whereby I achieve my weight loss target. However, I find these types of motivators to work very well for me because they deal with real life and serious matters. I really am concerned about my children being able to rely on me for as long as possible and I really have found that this has meant that I have avoided going for extra large helpings of chocolate cake when given the chance!

I have also discovered that having several "big issue" motivators like these all thought and ready to hand are great at building up several lines of defence when the temptation comes my way.

Sort out your "big issue" motivators and have them in your mind when you need to be strong. The picture of my kids in my head and me being beside them has helped me on numerous occasions. This approach can help you, too, and I've never seen anyone mention it anywhere before.

Now, one of my big secrets about how to lose weight fast. Start today. Really, it's that simple. Please, do not have one last big meal or spend your time researching and planning. Just get on with losing weight today. Take a walk right now. There you go - you've started!

Fed up of not losing weight?

Want to know how to start losing weight today?

Go to my blog for help - http://www.epeqe.com/suealexander.html

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sue_Alexander

" I Always Do My Best to Give you the Best " So, Don't FORGET to LIKE, TWEET or SHARE THIS ;)